What you need
A Valid Debit or Credit Card
The minimum transfer to your Secure Instant Mail account from your credit, debit or gift card is $10.00; the maximum is
$500.00. The amount you transfer from your debit, credit or gift card to your Secure Instant Mail account will now be your account balance.
- Electronic letter pricing varies depending on the receiving facility. For facility information, including pricing, click here.
Print & Forward
- via US Mail - $1.00 for up to 2 pages and $0.25 for each additional page. Consider the savings of not having to purchase stamps, envelopes, or stationary, and let's not forget the cost of the gas. The savings and convenience of sending us an electronic letter to print and forward for you is the smart way to go.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (where available) $5.00 plus 5% of the dollar amount
- Money Order and forwarding via US Mail $5.00 plus 5% of the dollar amount.
Expedite Service is available for letters and money orders.
All money orders are processed at 7:00 AM each business day. Expedite Service is needed only to ensure same day processing after the 7:00 AM Mountain time cut off and before 3:00 PM Mountain time, thus insuring same day processing. Expedite is not overnight or priority delivery. Keep in mind that no money orders are purchased or mailed on weekends or banking holidays. Money order service is available for most federal and state correctional facilities as well as county jails located in the United States.
Our customers can pre-pay for one or more "Electronic Reply" letters. "Electronic Reply" letters are delivered along with your incoming electronic letter. At their leisure, your loved one hand writes his "Electronic Reply", then returns it to the mailroom. The mailroom worker scans the letter which contains a special code that allows us to route the letter back to you. You receive email notification, log on to your Secure Instant Mail Account and view the letter.
Mail Processing Time
Electronic Mail - Electronic Mail is processed immediately. However, depending on the time your request is transmitted, the facility may not print and deliver your letter until the following day.
Print and Forward - If your letter is a print and forward request received Monday through Friday by 7:00 AM Mountain Time (except holidays), it will ordinarily be processed the same day. If Expedite Service is purchased and your print and forward letter request is received Monday through Friday by 3:00 PM Mountain Time (except holidays) we will make every effort to process your request the same day. Print and Forward service is available for all federal and state correctional facilities as well as all county jails located in the United States.
Money Order Processing Time
If your money order request is received Monday through Friday by 7:00 AM Mountain Time (except holidays), it will ordinarily be processed the same day. If Expedite Service is purchased and your money order request is received Monday through Friday by 3:00 PM Mountain Time (except holidays) we will make every effort to process your request the same day. This service is available for all federal and state correctional facilities as well as all county jails located in the United States.
Refund and Credit Policy
What qualifies for a credit?
- Credit to your account will be issued for errors made by Secure Instant Mail staff.
- If you close your account, Secure Instant Mail will issue a credit of your unused balance to the credit or debit card used with your last transaction. Processing normally takes less than two weeks.
- If your account is closed by Secure Instant Mail for any reason.
You may request a refund at any time for any reason. A standard refund fee (
) will be charged for the issuance any refund not qualifying as a credit.
Money is not refundable for:
- Messages that are sent electronically or print and forward letters, even if the facility deemed them to be undeliverable.
- Money transfers that are delivered.