REFUND AND ACCOUNT CREDIT POLICY
New Policy - Due to the ever increasing costs associated with credit card processing, Secure Instant Mail must implement the following refund policy, Effective September 1, 2007.
1. Effective September 1, 2007 a
will be charged for returning funds from your Secure Instant Mail Account back to your credit or debit card. This change applies for Secure Instant Mail account closings and customer errors that occur while using this website. To avoid customer errors, please follow the
on pages where you are transferring money from your credit or debit card to your Secure Instant Mail account. Before you transfer money to your Secure Instant Mail account, please check the
to make sure you understand the services offered by Secure Instant Mail at the facility to which you wish to send.
2. If you close your account, Secure Instant Mail will issue a credit of your unused Secure Instant Mail Account balance, less the refund fee, to the credit or debit card used with your last transaction. Processing time of a refund usually takes less than two weeks.
3. Rejected EFT dollar amounts and fees will be returned to your Secure Instant Mail account; a non-refundable fee of
will be assessed if this occurs.
4. Rejected Money Orders will be returned by the facility to the return address you provided upon requesting the money order.
5. As always, Secure Instant Mail will credit your Secure Instant Mail account for errors made by our staff, at no charge to you.
MONEY IS NOT REFUNDABLE FOR:
No refunds are provided in the following circumstances:
1. Messages that are sent electronically, or print and forward letters, even if the facility rejected the letter.
2. Money transfers or money orders that are applied to the wrong account, or are returned to you, because information you supplied was incorrect.
3. Unused return letters.
4. Problems or situations at the facility, over which we have no control, even if they affect delivery times.
MAINTENANCE FEE (APPLIES TO INACTIVE ACCOUNTS)
New Policy - Effective February 1, 2008 all accounts that have had no activity for a period of 2 months will be considered inactive. Inactive accounts will be subject to a
maintenance fee each month which will begin after two calendar months of inactivity (that is, if the last use of the account is on March 10, the fee will be charged beginning May 10 of the same year, and on the 10th day of the month every month thereafter unless the account becomes active again). This maintenance fee will be deducted from your Secure Instant Mail account balance each month until the account balance is zero, or until the account is used again or closed.
We understand that our customers' needs change from time to time. If you have asked us to cancel or close your account, and you now wish to reactivate your Secure Instant Mail account, simply click